Tuesday 19 August 2014

STAY PUT! Going Out Face Makeup.

So as ye all know no matter if its really hot outside and youre spending the day out or you're going out on a night out, we all want our makeup to stay in place and not slide off our face! Using certain primers and products definitely make a HUGE difference in relation to the lasting power of your makeup, but no worries my beauties! i have a few products that are a holy grail to me when im going out and when i know that ill be taking a few(lot) of pictures!

Firstly, make sure the skin is freshly cleansed and clear of any dirt and residue. In my opinion, The lasting power of your makeup depends all on the base, the moisturiser and the primer! You should always moisturise your skin before makeup as it hydrates the skin and gets rid of any dry patches you may have on the skin, In my case i will ALWAYS prime my skin, when i'm going on a night out there is two primers that i like to use..

  • Benefits Porefessional Face Primer.
I use this on my T-zone as i tend to have larger pores here and this primer makes them look way smaller while still letting my skin breathe. This primer is also good for mattifying the skin, this stops my face getting oily.. therefore my foundation stays put longer and looks flawless!





  •  Mac Prep+Prime Skin Base Visage.
This is an absolute must when it comes to going out, this creates such a smooth base for my foundation and not only that, it primes the skin, i put this all over my face and it keeps my foundation on waaaaay longer, before it i use to come home and my foundation around my t-zone would be mostly gone but now it stays on throughout the night and i don't need to powder as much.


Next is foundation, for me, this is very important, I need a long lasting and full coverage foundation for my nights out. I feel as though these are the foundations that last the longest throughout the night and i also need a foundation with a very low SPF so there is no flashback when im taking photos. My go to and my love is the Mac Studio Fix Foundation, the colour i use is NW20, this is perfect for when i have my tan done. This is my favourite and all time no 1 foundation, the way it lasts and how it covers my imperfections is just amazing and if i used any other of the foundations i have now i don't think id get the same lasting power and the same coverage as i do with this.


Powder for me is the biggest step when it comes to putting everything into place and keeping the shine at a minimum, my favourite and no 1 repurchased powder since i stated wearing make up is the 'Rimmel Stay Matt Powder In Translucent', This is also a well raved about product in the blogging and youtube community and i can proudly say its a must have for anyone who likes to keep the shine and oilyness at a minimum. I really do want to try the Mac Studio Fix powder to use to set the foundation but also use when i don't want to wear a liquid foundation, i have yet to try this though.
Picture from the rimmel website as i've used all mine.



For eyes my two favourite primers are the Urban Decay Primer Potion and Macs Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. If im just going out for a meal or to town during the day i will just use the primer potion but if i want that long lasting eyeshadow i will use both primers.


  • 'Urban Decay Primer \Potion'
This is A MUST whenever i put makeup on, if i don't use this then my eyeshadow will last literally about 20 minutes as my eyelids are quite oily and if those suckers aren't primed then they just wont last! This is a matte eyeshadow primer which has zero shimmer and i've had this tube for well over a year now and it lasts ages!! It creates the best base and it stays put all night.




  • Macs Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
I got this at christmas and i've only came around to using it just within these last 2 months and i've came to realise that this product is just wow. It cancels out any discolouration or blue little veins on your eyelid and is great over the primer potion to give a smooth and even base before you put on any eyeshadow. This is a warm toned skin colour and is also matte. These come in a variety of shades and are perfect for effortless eyeshadow looks! A must have in my opinion.




If ye would like a blogpost on my actual makeup when i go out please let me know! 
Hope ye liked this post,
Love Rouxella x


No comments:

Post a Comment