Sunday 19 July 2015

BEAUTY EMPTIES #1



Hello lovelies,
 Recently I've released that I have so much empty bottles and products just lying around that I thought it would be a great idea to show you guys what I have used up and giving it a little twist by telling you if I liked each product and if I would repurchase that product or not. I see these videos all over the Youtube world and I love watching them. Me personally if I use up a product that means it obviously isn't my most hated product as I would generally give it to one of my friends if it suits them better.

I've definitely been having a major skin obsession recently as you will be able to tell by the few skin products I have sadly used up. I always feel a little heartbroken when I can tell a product is about to run out. And its never just one product that is empty, it's either I have no empties or out of the blue I seem to get an abundance of empty products.

L'Orèal Elvive is definitely a hair care brand which is my favourite. It has such a wide array of different shampoos and conditioners for different hair types and different purposes. The 'Elvive Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Shampoo & Conditioner' range is a new set from them I believe and I picked this set up about a month or two ago. This shampoo gave such great shine and nourishment to my hair. I kept getting compliments on how my hair had a great shine to it and how healthy it looked. But I do have to say I regularly go for a shampoo that strengthens the hair instead of giving a shine as I feel as though my hair did get a bit greasy faster than it normally would. I would purchase a different type next time as shampoos with the shine/oil factor don't agree with my hair.

 // Here

The heartbreak is REAL right now ladies, nothing comes close to my 'Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion'. I have seriously had this for ages and it is worth every penny. I have quite oily eyelids and this is the only primer that truly stops any creasing of my eyeshadow. I never put on eyeshadow without a primer because it would be just a waste of time as the eyshadow wouldn't last an hour without looking worn off and messy. This eyeshadow primer keeps the eyeshadow in place for hours and also cancels out any veins or discolouration on the lid as it has a little bit of a skin toned tint to it. This is a must have for me and I just couldn't not have this in my collection.

// Here

 I got this 'First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream' last year when one of my bestfriends went to America. She picked up this in a set and at first I wasn't overly keen being honest, at that time my skin was more on the oily side in the T-zone area and I felt it was too rich for me. But now since my skin is a bit more on the dry side I absolutely love this moisturiser. It nourishes the skin and is just so gentle on the skin. It gets rid of any dry patches I have on the outer portions of my face. It is also perfect for anyone who flies a lot and finds that the airplane really dries out their skin. I would definitely repurchase this moisturiser.

// Here

Ask what my holy grail concealer is? It has to be the 'Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer'. I have it in a shade lighter than my skin tone as I use it under my eyes in a triangle shape to really give that flawless highlighted look, I also use it on any high points of the face such as my nose, forehead and chin to bring some brightness to the face. I also love this concealer for those days where I don't want to wear foundation so I usually just add a few dots of this to the center of the face where I tend to get a bit of redness and I'm ready to go.The coverage on this concealer is definitely high coverage so it is perfect for those nights out when you want that immense coverage and that Kim K highlighted look.

// Here

What girl can really live without dry shampoo? Batiste is definitely my favourite dry shampoo brand of all time. The scent I have been using lately is the 'Floral and Flirty Blush'. Washing my hair everyday is just a big 'NO NO' for me as it damages the hair by washing away all the natural oils of the hair and therefore, it produces more and more oil. Wet hair is also very fragile, it can get damaged very easily by just brushing so having to brush wet hair everyday I think I'd have no hair left. Being able to make my hair look fresher for longer is definitely a huge life savior. I normally use this on second or third day hair if I have somewhere to go and don't have time to style my hair all over again. Dry shampoo is not just used for freshening up the hair, It is also perfect for giving the hair some body and texture. Batiste do a huge range of scents so everyone can find something to please their nostrils, hehe.

// Here

A Mascara which I have been obsessing over for quite some time now has to be the 'They're Real Mascara by Benefit'. I just don't think I will find a mascara that does the same type of magic on my lashes that the 'They're Real' does. In my opinion, the secret to this mascara is definitely the wand. The way it gets to the root of my lashes and really coats them from root to tip is just outrageous. The circular end of the wand makes it perfect to get into those corners to coat every single lash so easily. My lashes have both that separated lengthy look while still being bold and voluminous. This mascara is most definitely a repurchase.

// Here

My last empty is my skin obsession, It literally is the best skin product in my collection. My skin has been loving scrubs lately and the 'Nip & Fab: Glycolic Scrub Fix ' is hands down a skin savoir in my book. My problem area in relation to my face has definitely been around my nose area where I use to get little spots. This product had been hyped about for ages as the amazing Kylie Jenner is one of the faces of the brand. My thought process when purchasing this exfoliant was " If Kylie uses it on her flawless face then surely I can too". Within the first 1-2 weeks of using this every 2/3 days I noticed a great difference in my T-Zone. I absolutely love this product for after the gym as it gets rid of any of that sweat and dirt that might sit on the face and clog the pores. It is described as a micro exfoliant which contains 3% glycolic acid which gentle exfoliates and retextures the face. While the salicylic acid refines, brightens and renews the skin. This is definitely a repurchase for me as I definitely notice a difference if I don't use it.

// Here

Hope ye enjoyed this post,
Love Chelsea x




No comments:

Post a Comment