Wednesday 11 November 2015

Homemade No Added Sugar Cinnamon Applesauce



Hello Beauties,

I have been on this DIET journey to a healthier lifestyle for over a year now and along the way I have come across a lot of recipes and products which I have fallen in love with. I love finding healthier alternatives to foods I would have normally bought on a regular basis in the supermarket or made occasionally without taking into account what the actual ingredients were in these products. Because of these cold winter mornings that have started to creep in I have been obsessed with coming up with recipes that incorporate the autumnal/winter vibes. I have always wanted to make my own applesauce as I have seen it all over Instagram and also being used in a lot of healthy alternative recipes.

This recipe for my ‘Homemade No Added Sugar Cinnamon Applesauce’ is so easy to make that I am constantly asking myself why I haven’t made it sooner. This is also so inexpensive as we always have apples on hand and they are also always on offer in ‘Aldi’ and ‘Lidl’.This recipe has No Added Sugar, all the sweetness has just come from the apples and you might be worried about it tasting bland and not sweet enough but TRUST ME, there is no need for any sugar whether it is regular caster sugar or even a healthier alternative such as honey or coconut sugar.

I absolutely love using this applesauce as a topping on my Porridge, with some Greek Yoghurt, Granola or Fruit, on top of Wholemeal Brown Bread and also on some Rice Cakes. This can be used also when making Pancakes, Waffles and also Muffins which adds some moisture and natural sweetness to your recipe.

The Recipe for my ‘Homemade No Added Sugar Cinnamon Applesauce’ is as follows:

JUST 3 INGREDIENTS!
  • Few apples (3 Large) which are peeled,cored and roughly chopped(I use cooking apples)
  • Few (2/3) tablespoons of water
  • 2 heaped tablespoons of Cinnamon


Method:
  1. Add all ingredients into a saucepan.
  2. Give it a little mix and cover with a lid.
  3. Bring to the boil, when it has come to the boil then it’s time to turn down the heat and allow to simmer until mixture becomes soft.
  4. Usually takes around 20 minutes, stir occasionally to avoid the mixture sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
  5. I like to leave mine with some apple chunks still in the mixture but you can also mash them down to make the consistency smoother.
  6. Serve either hot or cold, I put mine into a jam jar and store it in the fridge.
Hope you all love this new venture of showing you guys my favourite recipes and motivating ye towards a healthier lifestyle. Please try this recipe out and let me know what ye think! 
Love Chelsea x



No comments:

Post a Comment