Saturday 19 December 2015

Cranberry and White Chocolate Shortbread Cookies.



Hello Guys and Dolls,
Since its the Christmas season I can finally get my Christmas baking started and boy have I started on
a high. The day after I finished my exams I got straight to baking these melt in the mouth 'Cranberry and White Chocolate Shortbread'. I got the Shortbread recipe off a very close friend but I just had to add something to make it even that more christmassy. And whats a better combo than Cranberry and White Chocolate? I really couldn't tell you..

These are so easy to make and take no time at all. What I love most about these shortbreads are how fragile they are, they just melt in your mouth as soon as you take a bite. They feel so smooth and luxurious and they are definitely an indulgent treat. Perfect for this time of year. They can be made into a normal sized cookie which makes around 14-16 cookies or else you can make small little cookie bites which should make around 40.

This recipe as you can tell for my adaptation is that it is so versatile. Other flavour combinations include Pistachio and White Chocolate, Chocolate Orange, Cinnamon and Raisin, Hazelnut and Dark Chocolate, the list is truly endless. You could even dip half the baked Shortbreads in Melted Chocolate and leave to set. That would be glorious, I must try that out myself.

These would also be perfect as a homemade gift to that someone special whether it is a boyfriend, girlfriend, best friend, parent, grandparent. I absolutely love giving homemade baked goods as little gifts to show my appreciation of them being in my life and who doesn't love receiving food as a present? everybody loves baked treats.




Ingredients:
175g Self Raising Flour
125g Cornflour
50g Icing Sugar
225g Soft Butter
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Cranberries
Half/1 Bar of White Chocolate

Method:

  • Pre-heat your oven to 160C. Whizz all ingredients in a food processor or even by hand in a kneading motion(which is what I did) into biscuit dough.
  • Once it’s a soft dough, roll out with your hands into log (you can take portions of it and do it this way). 
  • Cut off pieces and roll into a small/medium ball depending on what you prefer and with a fork dipped in cold water, flatten slightly. Into the oven on a flat baking tray on top of baking paper for 13-15 mins (lightly golden brown). 
  • Once baked move onto a wire tray using a spatula or palette knife (they will be quite delicate and may break up when moving them - gently does it).
  • Leave to cool for as long as possible before storing them in a lunch box and into the fridge.Leaving them in the fridge stiffens them up a bit without them losing the mouth melting aspect.

I hope ye enjoyed this blogpost and that it encourages ye to bake as soon as ye end reading this blogpost.
Love Chelsea x



No comments:

Post a Comment